- Lady Aurora, High Priestess of Sylvan Circle
Disclaimer: This page was created by Aurora as a personal service to the community. The opinions of this page are those of Aurora and not Sylvan Circle.
If you have come to this page, chances are you are seeking some sort of advice. I highly recommend before you take anyone's advice, you find out the person's credentials. What qualifies the person to advise? What experience or training does the advisor have?
Wiccan High Priestess
- formally trained in Celtic Tradition
- over 15 years experience in the Craft
- experience working in covens both hierarchical and not over 15 years teaching adults in group and individual settings
- married, divorced and remarried
- 4 years on the receiving end of marriage/personal counseling
- 20 years of self-improvement and real personal transformations
Which means: I am not a licensed therapist. If you are contemplating suicide, please see a professional therapist. If your need is immediate, please call the First Call for Help hotline at 1-800-492-0618.
This page was designed primarily with the intention of giving advice on Wicca. It is intended to be a place for advice on coven or personal Wiccan issues without giving up anonymity. It can be a place to get advice on internal or external coven problems, to check what is considered normal or okay against what is happening within your coven, to bounce ideas off someone with experience in Craft dynamics, or to receive assistance with personal growth. As a secondary goal, this page was designed to help with personal issues or short-term concerns the likes of which are worthy of any clergy member or Ann Landers.
I am not qualified to give professional psychological advice, though I can share the benefit of my experiences, and recommend some good books and things.
You can learn more about me by reading my bio.
If you need help finding a coven, I recommend the following methods:
- FIRST, read some cautions regarding finding covens. Then...
- Contact your local pagan shop or candle shop. Chances are they know of groups in your area.
- Go to The Witches' Voice which has listings of groups around the United States.
- If you are looking in D.C., Maryland, or Northern Virginia, go to mdpagans.com which lists covens, individuals, stores and professionals that are pagan, Wiccan or pagan-friendly in the state of Maryland, Northern Virginia and the District of Columbia.
- "Be Your Own Therapist", by Thayer White (out of print, but available online).
- "Living, Loving & Learning", by Leo Buscaglia
- "Peace is Every Step", by Thich Nhat Hanh
- "Going to Pieces Without Falling Apart", by Mark Epstein, M.D.
- "Harold and Maude" (a movie)
- "Affirmations for the Inner Child", by Rokelle Lerner
- "Taming Your Gremlin: A Guide to Enjoying Yourself", by Richard Carson
- "The Angry Book", by Theodore Isaac Rubin, M.D.
- "Drop Dead Fred" (a movie)
- "Men, Women and Relationships", by John Gray, Ph.D.
- "Getting the Love You Want: A Guide For Couples", by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
If after reading this far, you have determined that you would still like to speak to a Wiccan HPS and I will do :) ,
please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I will do my best to advise, honoring the divine within you, and safeguarding your privacy.
General Advice for Living Happy
Recovering from a Dysfunctional Family
Saving Your Marriage